Pages

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Keep Plodding On

I've not got too much to report today, despite it being the big official weekly ward round. I am going to have another IV antibiotic added to my cocktail, as the infection markers in my blood tests aren't really responding to the 2 I am currently on. The doctors also want to check to see whether my anti-fungal (it isn't just bacteria growing in this crappy mucous, you often get a bit of fungus too... yum!) drug I take is actually needed, or whether it needs to be replaced with a different drug.

My blood sugar levels seem to be heading in the right direction, but there's still some tweaking with the insulin dose to be done!

I had another spell of tachycardia (increased heart rate) earlier, luckily my heart rate had returned to normal by tea time! Getting fully on top of this infection should sort it out. As I blogged yesterday, I just need to remain patient and wait for the various treatments to begin to work fully. I am thankful that I feel better in myself, I just need the 'numbers' to start to agree with me a bit more consistently!

I am also blogging tonight because I have discovered a new danger of living in London... clothes shopping! I can't even leave the hospital, yet have managed to acquire new items for my wardrobe... Please see the photo below for the jumper my darling husband bought for me this evening:
Amazing jumper from 'Joy'
That's all from me for now, but I will of course keep you updated as to how I progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment